Booking any major vacation can be stressful, but booking your honeymoon can be even more stressful because it’s the beginning of your new life together. To book the honeymoon of your dreams with the least amount of stress, follow these seven tips provided by Andrew Marino, CEO of HoneymoonPixie.com, an industry leader in providing honeymoon gift registries for engaged couples:
1. Relax Your Expectations: Don’t get so caught up in the pomp and circumstance of the honeymoon that you forget why you’re on it – to spend time together as a newlywed couple. You’ll have many more vacations to come, so don’t put so much pressure on your honeymoon that you forget to enjoy it.
2. Plan Ahead: Be sure to research up-to-date resources (always check the date of online articles and copyright of travel guides) and give yourself at least six months to plan the honeymoon of your dreams, even if that means taking it a couple of months after your wedding.
3. Use a Honeymoon Registry: If money is a concern for your honeymoon, or if you just prefer a memorable honeymoon experience to a kitchen full of unused appliances, set up a honeymoon registry. This type of registry will allow your guests to purchase honeymoon upgrades and activities for you as wedding gifts. View these sample registries for inspiration!
4. Broadcast your status: It’s tempting to do all online bookings, but you can actually get more help and better deals when you call directly. Tell the employee that you’re speaking with that you’ll be on your honeymoon and you might even get some upgrades or discounts.
5. Talk with a travel agent: Talking with a travel agent doesn’t mean you’re obligated to use one. However, if you even think you’ll want help planning your honeymoon, call a few travel agents who specialize in honeymoons to see how they might be able to help you. You might be surprised and decide to use travel agent services to take some of the planning load off you and your fiancé.
6. Check out honeymoon-planning timelines: Honeymoon planning timelines can help you know what and when to book for your honeymoon. These timelines are particularly helpful if you’ve never planned a major vacation. Contact HoneymoonPixie.comfor a free copy of their detailed honeymoon planning timeline.
7. Set a careful budget: The number one cause of honeymoon-related stress is money. Don’t rack up credit card debt to go on a honeymoon. Budget carefully, shop for deals, and be sure to track your budget every time you spend money for your honeymoon. A cruise or an all-inclusive resort provides all your lodging, meals, and entertainment at a fixed price, making it easier to budget your expenditures.