As every wedding planner will tell you, if you’re hosting an outdoor ceremony, you should always have a back-up plan in case of rain. Luckily, Ancaster Mill located in Ancaster, Ontario boasts two chapels, one outdoors and one indoors, that are equally beautiful.
The outdoor chapel is surrounded by greenery, with the calming sound of the nearby waterfalls and trickling stream wafting through the air. If rain is an unexpected wedding guest (don’t worry, they say its good luck!), you’ll have no problem moving indoors at this flour mill-turned-venue. The historical setting boasts a cozy stone fireplace topped with wrought iron candelabras.
For the cocktail hour or reception, you can choose amongst Ancaster Mill‘s five incredible spaces.
- The Solarium: Perfect for cocktail hours, lounge space, or intimate wedding, this glassed space overlooks the property’s covered bridge and picturesque waterfall, with a three-way fireplace adjoining other rooms. Seats 32.
- The Governor’s Room: Located on the upper floor, this room is infused with historical charm thanks to the stone fireplace, hand-carved beams, and elaborate chandeliers. Seats 135 and includes used of the Solarium for cocktail hour.
- The 1812 Room: For those who want the best of both worlds, this room offers a covered, heated deck. The wrought iron railings are wrapped in lush greenery and intricate iron chandeliers kiss the ceiling while encompassing a romantic glow on the mingling guests below. Seats 70.
- The Millview Room: Much more modern than the other rooms, this L-shaped option offers floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the scenic landscape. Seats 110.
- The Falls Room: The crème de la crème, this spectacular space offers views of both the waterfall and mill stream thanks to its floor-to-ceiling windows. A wood burning stone hearth keeps guests toasty, while an elaborate bar area ensures Champagne flows smoothly. They recently added an outdoor patio located at the mouth of the waterfall, which offers a truly enchanting setting. Seats 225 and includes the Millview Room for cocktail hour.
Photo credit: Andrew Mark Fine Art Weddings