By having a small wedding, you and your fiancé can explore your own sense of style and come up with a unique reception that your guests will remember.
Here are some questions to help you create a unique reception:
1. Do you enjoy any hobbies? How can you incorporate them into your reception? Perhaps you and your sweetie love the water: What about a nautical theme, or a wedding aboard a yacht. Maybe you are history buffs. Why not have your wedding at a favorite historical site, and bring historical elements into your wedding reception?
2. Do you have a unique cultural background? Why not incorporate some of the culture’s unique traditions into the ceremony and reception? Everything from the attire to the menu could reflect your heritage.
3. Do you have a fondness for a particular season or holiday? If you love the winter, have a winter wonderland wedding theme. If the fall is more your thing, bring a harvest theme into your celebration.
4. Do you enjoy the arts? You could bring artistic elements into your décor by getting married at an art gallery. The wedding reception could even include a guided tour of the gallery.
5. Do you love the outdoors? Holding an outdoor wedding reception at one of your favorite outdoor haunts could be a soul-satisfying experience.
6. Do you love to travel? You could bring your love of travel into your wedding by having a destination wedding. If you’d rather stay put for your nuptials, name tables after places you’ve visited, and offer foods from some of your favorite destinations.
7. Do you have a favorite restaurant? Why not have a unique restaurant reception there?
Photo: Miller Lash House