Did you know that one in four couples ties the knot during the winter? Many couples love the romance of the season – and they love the cost savings. Couples can shave big-time bucks off their wedding costs by having a winter wonderland wedding. Venues are generally less expensive and vendors sometimes offer off-season rates.
Here are some great ideas and tips for winter brides:
• If guests are arriving from out of town, have them arrive a couple of days early just in case of inclement weather.
• Consider having a winter wonderland wedding theme, using snowflakes as your motif. Silver and pale blue make a lovely color combination. Use pine boughs and evergreens as decorations. Serve comfort foods such as soups, prime rib and decadent chocolate desserts.
• If you are a winter sports enthusiast, combine your favorite sport with your nuptials. Have a skating party the night before the wedding. Have a destination wedding at a ski chalet. Get married at a cozy lodge and include dog sledding as one of your guest activities the day before the wedding.
• Dress Warm. Winter brides should choose a long sleeved gown, instead of spaghetti straps.
• Serve hot beverages such as cocoa and cider at the reception to keep guests toasty.
• Find a venue that has a fireplace. It will really make things cozy!
• Depart in a horse drawn sleigh. That is, if there is snow for your winter wonderland wedding!
• Snuggle up. It’s not like the two of you will need an excuse to get close after your wedding is over, but a chill in the air might make you hold on just a little tighter!