Thinking of a vineyard wedding? You’re in good company. Vineyard weddings are becoming increasingly popular with couples who want an outdoor wedding.
- If you are having a weekend vineyard wedding, arrange for a wine tasting for your wedding guests a day before the wedding.
- If guests are coming in from out of town and staying at a hotel, consider having a bus chartered to escort guests to and from the winery. That way drinking and driving won’t be an issue.
- If the wedding is outdoors, find out if there is a sheltered area in case of inclement weather.
- Find out if the winery supplies linens, tables, chairs, tableware and glassware.
- If you want entertainment, find out if the vineyard allows music or live entertainment. Is there a dance floor?
- Make sure there is ample parking for your guests.
- Consider a wine-themed wedding, but don’t feel compelled to have a theme.
- Consider a wine pairing feast.
- Offer mini-bottles of wine from the vineyard as favors.