My husband and I spent the morning digging in the dirt. We’re making raised beds in our backyard to plant veggies and berry bushes. Hauling wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of topsoil can cause a sudden craving for watermelon. Thankfully, I had some on hand.
Watermelon is fruit of the gods. There is nothing better than a cool piece of sweet watermelon after hours of manual, outdoor labour. Nothing better, except maybe a cold drink, served right out of a fresh watermelon!
Here’s what you need:
- 10-pound seedless watermelon
- Sharp knife
- Big spoon
- Big bowl
- Drill with a 1/2-inch drill bit
- 3/4-inch ball-valve faucet with a handle that’s easy to turn with one hand
- PVC-to-faucet adapter that will screw into the back of the faucet
- Rubber O-ring that fits the back of the faucet
- 1 1/2 cups rum
- 4 limes
The project takes about 90 mins and costs $20 (not including alcohol).
Or you can learn to make Lemon-Mint Vodka Spiked Watermelon over here. Sounds dangerous.