Who doesn’t love Instagram? I’ve only recently discovered this wildly popular photo app and I’m already hooked.
Why not Instagram your wedding? There’s no doubt that some of your guests will be capturing your event with their smartphones anyway, why not encourage them to use Instagram so you can see all of their photos?
How to Instagram your wedding:
1. Create a hashtag. This will help you find your photos on Instagram. Type your hashtag into Google to make sure its not already in use; you want it to be original, as well as easy to remember (short is best). Something like #sallywaltersayido
2. Have a sign on display that reads something like: “If you Instagram, use hashtag #yourhashtag.” It can be something as simple as a chalkboard sign. (First Photo: Bridal Network; Second Photo: Pinterest)
3. Have a sign at each table reminding guests about which hashtag to use. (Photo: CB & J)
4. Run a slideshow of the Instagram photos at your wedding reception with your hashtag by using the Evenstagram app.
5. After the wedding, remind your guests about the hashtag via social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
6. Let your guests see all the photos online post-wedding by creating a slideshow with Statigram.
7. Print your Instagram photos using Printsagram. You can have your photos turned into mini books, calenders or posters. Due to Instagram copyright restrictions, you will not be able to print your guests’ photos. To get around this, simply have your guests email you the original files of the photos that you want to print.
Got any more tips for using Instagram at your wedding? I’d love to hear them!